Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hotel Couture from Christian Lacroix

Since the 1st of December, I keep telling myself that I have to finish my summer 2011 collection by the end of the week. But...It doesn't seem as if it's going to happen any time soon. I might have to stop checking my RRS feed from all my fav blogs. Anyway I couldn't resist the feeling that I need to find some inspiration to start.
Finally I have found, my goddess fashion designer who I have admired since I was very young (when I had no idea what fashion designer means or what they do!!!)
"Christian Lacroix", the French couturier whose artistic, flamboyant and exuberant architectural invention dresses shot him to fame in the 1980s, alas....became a victim of the global financial crisis in 2007. Mmmm, I will not go into the detail. It will bring me a few tears. Here we go ...it just did ..again!!!
I was proud to see that Christian Lacroix turned his eye on the travel
world. He is the name behind the interior design of a new 4* hotel lying in the heart of Le Marais. Here is one of them "Hotel du Petit Moulin" You can discover it in Paris....
Of course!! It is a quirky, flamboyant and, ultimately, a hugely fun-design hotel. I love the vintage rustic print on the wall and the ceiling, also the vibrant contest colour used. I am definitely a big fan of large-scale "collage frescos".
I love you "Christian Lacroix"….I wish that one day I will have a chance to do what you do…..xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment